Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Toy Fair

 

Today at the Museum included a little serendipity.   A gentleman came in with his sister to visit.  He was a Hot Wheels collector; there were doll collectors in his family as well.  As it turns out, He worked for Toy Fair in our own South Park Mall during the 70s.  Toy Fair also had a toy store in Duck Creek Plaza.  According to our visitor, Toy Fair was a Cedar Rapids company, and all the toys came from a warehouse there.  My first Sasha came from Toy Fair, as well as our B. Shackman Bye-lo babies.  I found many of my favorite Barbies there, clothes, accessories, games, you name it.  My Alexander Renoir and Dutch Miss Ginny also came from Toy Fair.  It’s hard to find anything about the store today; it was unique in its time; we didn’t have another toy store that I can remember from my childhood. 




No comments:

Post a Comment