Total Pageviews

Friday, May 7, 2021

What I've Done the Last Two Weeks for the Museum

 Like many of you, I'm playing catch-up.  I was out of commission for six weeks during March and April, and am still tired.  I've dealt with insane neighbors, helped relatives with problems, run my house and my families', dealt with taxes, yard work, housework, pet 1.needs, etc.  I've read several books, and tried to write and make some progress.  Here is a list of what I've done for the museum.


International Dolls and Items from Doris Olson Collection



1.Moved and transported boxes of dolls and related items.

2. Attended a doll show to make some money for the museum.

3. Moved and arranged a case dedicated to the international costume dolls of Mrs. Doris Olson.

4. Repaired several dolls.

5. Began writing labels for dolls in museum displays.

6. Unpacked more older dolls and organized them for display.

7.  Furnished several doll houses.

8.  Did some doll shopping and hunting.

9. Dressed dolls.

10. Organized doll clothes.

11. General cleaning in museum.

12. Financed lawn care and landscaping in museum.

13. Put up modest Cinco de Mayo decorations.

14. Planned a podcast for the museum.

15.  Wrote thank you letters to donors.

16. Fielded questions from nosy neighbors.

17. Worked on social media to make sure we get "out there."


I also did a million other little things.  I hardly sleep.  some days, I run around for my family's estate matters, all day.  Just try to get a notary public these days!


So, we are hoping for a late summer opening, but keep your doll fingers crossed.  Happy Collecting, and Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment