Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Museum Progress Continues!!

Antique French Dolls and Accessories, and Dolls Influenced by French Style. Doll
second from left is Madame Alexander's Renoir, c. 1967, Doll on far right is a painted eye French Fashion.

Well, folks, I’m in the building, paid the first month’s rent, met the landlord, and arranged about half my cases. The doll museum is a definite go!

It has been an odyssey, and like Ulysses, I’ve been on a twenty year journey, actually more.  A year ago, we got the paperwork in place, and now things are happening.  I have one doll book in production, another proposal with an agent.  I’m planning to do appraisals in November, I may make it to open by Small Business Saturday.  Documenting and photographing the dolls will take time, and space is a challenge, but it is a lovely space.  I’m very happy with it, and it’s magical to m.

I can’t wait to start hanging doll related art one the wall, and for the first time, but paper dolls will be organized!  This is our maiden voyage together, and I thank everyone who has read, followed, and commented on my blogs.

More photos to follow, and God Bless!!

Our Storefront

Close up of the French Case

One of our doll houses, this one for Frozen dolls.  I included Fisher Price and Playskool People
Bottom Shelf of French Case

Top shelf of  antique and vintage case, with brown eyed
china head ont he right.  I made the suit the celluloid head gentleman next to her is wearing

Small dolls, heads, and half dolls.  Again, these are microcosms of our very large collection.
We will rotate exhibits.
Panorama of antique and vintage case.  Kestner bride on top shelf, far right.

Our window decorated for Halloween

Francesca, our mascot, in front of the empty antique and vintage case

Space before the dolls




No comments:

Post a Comment