Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Topo Gigo and Museum Progress This Week


Museum progress continues, despite the fact that I fell out of my car at the thrift store and really hurt my left hand.  Typing is very hard, these days.

From our friend Jill, who restored table and chairs.  She also donated the
boxed doll to the left. 
Dolls in chairs donated by Clara Caldwell.


We hung pictures last week, and I bought a fire extinguisher.  Not climbing ladders after my accident!

I furnished another doll house with sixties furniture of my childhood.  It’s a great house, and is also a puzzle that fits together. The best part of this adventure is that I get to unpack dolls and relive a lot of memories.  I’d like to say that I am clearing space at home, but I think it’s worse.

Jeri McClod



Today, I set up one case with predominantly Greek dolls and metal dolls.  Another case has a dolls wardrobe and accessories displayed.

Now, some doll potpourri:

Topo Gigio’s creator Maria Perego dies  at 95. I have several dolls of this little mouse; I find him endearing.

Lady of the Camellias; Thanks, Karen!

We the People by Mary Whyte;  I got interested in portraits, dolls, photos, and figural art early in life.  They seem to be related. Whyte has done fifty portraits of veterans, one from each state.  She used watercolor, just fantastic.  See the Sunday Morning website on CBS for more.

Happy Collecting!










No comments:

Post a Comment