Total Pageviews

Monday, May 16, 2016

The 21st Century Continued; Tonner and Wild Wedding with Wilde!!


Wilde Wedding and Bride Dolls


From Tonner.com” Since her debut, collectors have come to love Ellowyne Wilde; she has grown up with us, laughed, loved, and sorrowed with us.  The latest Tonner even features a “Wilde Wedding.  Wild, indeed!


Forever Ghastly, Wilde Imagination, Courtesy Tonner.com


Below is an invitation to a Wilde Wedding:


Join us to celebrate the nuptials of Evangeline Katrina Aster Gwendoline Ghastly and Mortimer Hubert Aloysius Mort!

Ellowyne and Lizette will be there to join the festivities.


Tuesday July 26 – at the Washington Hilton, 1919 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC

Doors open at 10am – Lunch at 11:30am – doors closing 3pm

There will be a sales room, raffles, lunch, and more!

Reserve your spot now -$75 per person – Limited to 120 attendees



__________________________________________________________________


Brides and wedding dolls are special to collectors. Some collectors specialize in brides and wedding dolls from various countries.  I have looked for a Norwegian bride doll for years, but haven’t come up with one yet.  I childhood friend of mine had one, and I’ve wanted one ever since!


Still, I do have brides of all types, from all over the world.  They decorated the tables at my wedding reception. My fiancé, now husband, drew the line, though, when I wanted to include Corpse Bride dolls and the head of Dracula’s bride. Spoil sports, I say!  I also have cake toppers, some humorous, with brides chasing down grooms, and others vintage and sentimental, like the hugging wedding Kewpies that topped my babysitter’s wedding cake over 70 years ago. She gave them to me, to use for my wedding.


Special wedding dolls in my collection include those dressed in material from my mother’s and grandmother’s wedding dresses. My mother had a traditional, late 1950s dress with long veil and full skirt of tulle.  Her dress was rented; she kept only remnants and her shoes and veil.  My grandmother had a French silk, flapper style dress.  She and my grandfather married in Paris in 1927; she had a complete French trousseau.  Her dress melted over time,  but I salvaged most of it and dressed dolls for me, my mother and aunt.  I used even the scraps in clear plastic balls to make ornaments.


Wedding dolls are special, and international bride dolls are intricate and unusual.  They commemorate a happy time in a couples’ life, and are as beautiful and varied as the people and dolls that wear them.


Wilde Ellowyne, Wigged Out, Courtesy Tonner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment